Defined69

Sunday, July 23, 2006

My parking karma has been modified

I truly detest the heat. Particularly in the Beautiful City by the Bay. The noise continues. It has driven me to a point of madness and lack of clear, methodical thinking. It has caused me to have a very costly experience. My first time to have my car towed. Happened downtown last Friday. I decided to give myself a comfort treat by driving the car downtown to reach my Friday afternoon Blogger class. I remembered a great parking place on Mission Street, one block away from the SFSU campus building on Market and Fremont. My plan was to go from the classroom to the Embarcadero Cinema by car rather than Muni. The lovely space was waiting for me. I was elated at my good parking karma. I rushed out of the classroom at 4pm and walked back to Mission. No car. The red parking instruction sign was up the street. I failed to notice the restriction. They towed it after 3pm. The taxi driver who drove me eight blocks to the auto prison also took the long way around on a busy street and nicked me for $8.00. The retrieval fee was $229.25. Life for the bewildered in the big city is cruel.

Now the association of the film AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH to a costly error, will probably keep me from ever seeing the film in a theatre. The irony for me is that I carefully avoid going to see a first run movie. This year I made two exceptions. One for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and the other for CAPOTE.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Lily Chu said...

I like the color coordation of your blog, even the picture matches the color theme!

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yoma! Time for an airplane.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you might want to fix this. "This year I made two acceptions." Or was this a pun? Accept vs. except.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home